Financial Analyst, South
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Financial Analyst, South
South Market Controllers
HMH Hospitals Corporation
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At
Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better,
healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a
culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning.
It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for
our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our
mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive
change. The Financial Analyst, South is responsible for planning,
monitoring, coordinating, collaborating, compiling and analyzing
Budget and Monthly financial information related to assigned
regional areas (i.e. assigned hospital site, corporate affiliates,
physician services, partner companies, management service
agreements ('MSA'), partnerships, etc.). Will work closely with
Physicians, Administrative Directors, the Legal Department, and the
Executive Office on various analyses, projections, annual capital,
and operating budgets, monthly close and reconciliations as
appropriate and applicable. Job responsibilities include all
financial aspects of Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) goals,
which also include all operational matters affecting the
preparation and reporting of monthly financial statements,
budgeting, audit coordination, internal controls compliance,
PeopleSoft general ledger build & maintenance, and oversight on
outsourced accounting functions.
A day in the life of a Financial Analyst, South at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Applies GAAP in carrying out core
responsibilities of all assigned duties and special projects.
- Consistently and timely communicates with applicable HMH
departments leaders and at corporate level regarding all inquiries.
Timely prepares and communicate monthly close and follow through
with the site dept. leaders.
- Meets one on one with all the new onboarding site department
managers to train them by using the finance guide to follow the
financial requirements at the site.
- Manage leadership changes in PeopleSoft.
- Site level responsible for the monthly financial close process.
Prepares monthly financial statements for each of the assigned
site. Compiles financial and statistical information as part of
monthly Finance Committee package.
- Provide justifications for the monthly and year-to-date
variances and fluctuations (actual-to-budget / actual-to-prior
year) using statistical, financial, and operational data. Reaches
out to the ancillary dept managers in collecting volume variance
justifications and compiles the report for the management. This
includes focus on the flexed salary and supply variances through
application of volume to the variance equations.
- Prepares detailed work papers and support for monthly journal
entries. Prepares reconciliations of all balance sheet and income
statement accounts. Reconciles all intercompany transactions and
ensures proper elimination upon consolidation.
- Track and manage the capital and Capital Formation budget
spending for the assigned site.
- Review month-end financial and statistical reports prepared by
the dept. leaders, and accounts for accuracy.
- Fully responsible to complete the budgets to selective cost
centers from the assigned site.
- Assist with over all site budgeting and forecasting for capital
and operating expenses.
- Provide financial analysis support services to other functional
areas within HMH.
- Comprehensive FTE report for the assigned site
- Complete comprehensive productivity reports for each pay period
- Extensive analysis on the Missions Support variances working
with the Physician Practice team.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the site
- Maintainssist the upkeep of the Finance quid that are site
based to assist the clinical leaders.
- Comprehensive Mission Support Analysis for the assigned
- Manage variable compensation payments which are made on a wRVU
or cash model on rolling monthly and quarterly timeframes as
appropriate for the individual contracts. Maintains complex pooling
- Works with Mgr, Physician Pay & Planning and/or Regional Site
Controllers to interpret, complete and deliver variable
compensation payments to the physicians for assigned groups within
- Completes monthly reconciliation process for standard leased
practices. Verifies expense, payments and accruals are accurate.
Prepares letter and back up schedules for physician
- Processes ACH requests for physicians quarterly and recurring
- Completes JV/Captive leased physician compensation arrangements
(PCN) and any unique grandfathered arrangements.
- Reconciles outside Lease arrangements for practice operating
expenses; Variable Compensation GL accruals and roll forward.
- Responsible for review and completion of monthly accruals for
physicians on all models. Coordinates with accountants that
accruals are in sync.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in accounting
&/or 3 years of public accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of GAAP.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be highly computer literate, including advanced use of
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with
Senior Management and Staff at all levels of the organization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
- Familiarity with Google Suite. Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA). If you feel that the above
description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities,
then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Toms River , Financial Analyst, South, Accounting, Auditing , Manahawkin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!