Registered Nurse (RN) - OR ($1,000 Sign On Bonus)
Company: Surgery Center at Deborah
Posted on: September 15, 2023
JOB TITLE : Registered Nurse- OR ($1,000 Sign On Bonus)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : The delivery of patient care through the
framework of the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis and patient
outcome) in the preoperative, interoperative and postoperative
phase of the surgical patient. SUPERVISION RECEIVED : Supervisor of
Clinical Services EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates current, comprehensive professional knowledge and
skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and
department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and JCAHO
regulations, Standards for Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice
- Assesses physiological and psychosocial health status of
- Assesses pain per policy.
- Completes patient history.
- Verbally reports pertinent information to appropriate staff to
provide continuity of care.
- Legibly documents information in patient record and signs
record using appropriate professional title.
- Assesses level of understanding and expectations of care.
- Identifies desired patient outcomes.
- Establishes nursing diagnosis.
- Establishes patient/family goals that are mutually
- Formulates Plan of Care for the patient.
- Implements nursing care plans tailored to patient/family
- Demonstrates ability to assess and problem solve.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Practices within legal and ethical guidelines (Nurse Practice
Act, legal statutes, ANA code for Nurses, PRMC Policy and
- Performs nursing actions that demonstrate accountability
(demonstrates flexibility, exercises safe judgment).
- Continually adjusts care plan based on patient/family
- Demonstrates proper preoperative process -
- Demonstrates proper procedure and documentation for surgical
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique.
- Demonstrates efficient turnover time.
- Demonstrates proper technique for obtaining blood
- Demonstrates proper patient identification verification per
- Demonstrates proper surgical site identification and marking
- Anticipates surgeon's needs during surgical procedure.
- Participates in a Profession Nursing Organization. PHYSICAL
- Standing: 66-100%
- Sitting: 0-33%
- Walking: 66-100%
- Lifting: 0-50lbs. as needed
- Carrying: 0-25lbs. as needed
- Pushing: 0-400lbs. on wheels with assistance as needed
- Climbing: 1-5 flights of stairs as necessary
- Pulling: As necessary while providing patient care
- Bending: Proper bending necessary to pick things off the
- Squatting: As necessary while providing care
- Rotating: Shoulders as necessary
- Kneeling: If necessary while providing patient care
- Reaching: overhead while providing patient care
- General comments: Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to
communicate, read printout and other reports, distinguish colors,
ability to focus and depth perception. Manual dexterity to handle,
feel and manipulate supplies and equipment. ENVIRONMENTAL
- Inside: 95-100%
- Outside: 0-5%
- Temperature: 30F-115F
- Fumes: Occasional
- Dust: Occasional
- Gases: None
- Odors: Occasional
- Mist: Occasional
- Radiation: Occasional
- Noise or Vibrations: Running equipment, testing equipment,
alarm buzzers, phones, computer and printer, and possibly office
- Hazards: Contact with communicable diseases, electrical
equipment, blood borne pathogens, etc. Exposed to wet conditions,
toxic chemicals, mechanical parts and sharp objects etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Provided (gowns, gloves, masks,
head cover). This description is intended to provide only basic
guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities,
knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as
needs evolve. Licenses & Certifications Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Sup
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse
Keywords: Surgery Center at Deborah, Toms River , Registered Nurse (RN) - OR ($1,000 Sign On Bonus), Healthcare , Beachwood, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!