Special Agent: Healthcare Services/Medical Background
Location: Seaside Park
Posted on: February 6, 2024
JOB DESCRIPTION: Use your medical and public safety background
to become an FBI Special Agent!FBI Special Agents apply their
professional expertise and unique skills sets to their work and
role every day. Special Agents come from many professional
backgrounds including previous roles in medical fields such as
nurses and therapists. We need Special Agents who are logical
thinkers, those with prior scientific work experience and knowledge
to aid in investigations of healthcare (medical, dental and vision)
fraud and insurance and government program abuse and evidence
collection.As an FBI Special Agent, you can expect continued
specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some
of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our
investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could
work on in the private sector. SALARY LEVEL Pay level for this
- $81,000.00 - $129,000.00Salary is commensurate to experience
and location. DUTIES: Candidates must:
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.In addition, all Special
Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent
Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging
process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The
selection process typically takes one year or more to complete. KEY
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
- Ability to quickly grasp details of cases requiring health and
medical expertise and clearly communicate the impact to nonexpert
colleagues and teams both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated health expertise and ability to respond calmly and
effectively in crisis situations. EDUCATION
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferably
in a medical, health or public safety discipline) from a
U.S.-accredited college or university.All degrees must be from an
accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting
college transcripts. The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this
vacancy. Unless explicitly authorized by law, selection will be
made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because
of, color, race, religion, national origin, marital status,
parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, age (40 or over), sex (including pregnancy and related
conditions, gender identity, and sexual orientation), or on the
basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.
Keywords: FBI, Toms River , Special Agent: Healthcare Services/Medical Background, Sales , Seaside Park, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!