Outside Sales Professional
Location: Ocean Gate
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Benefits Start Day 1 for Full-Time Colleagues - No Waiting
Period!Position OverviewSells business unit products and services
to owners or agents of homes, stores or industries. Conducts
inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to
infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects, birds, or
other vertebrate pests. Prepares proposals and presentations to
obtain sales contracts. Assists in the collection of payments and
scheduling of services.Job Responsibilities
- Sells business unit products and services to owners or agents
of homes, stores, or industry.
- Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions
conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or
insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests.
- Prepares proposals and presentations to obtain sales
- Covers sales leads in assigned territory and develops sales
leads creatively for each lead furnished.
- Records accurate measurements and writes correct descriptions
of property inspected.
- Prepares appropriate specifications and treating instructions
in accordance with existing laws, regulations and company
- Computes job-treating cost from company pricing
- Executes contracts on behalf of the company, observing company
policy as to credit terms of sale.
- Manages collection effort on delinquent accounts of personal
- Advises customers about other products and services.
- Deals courteously with customers, leaving customer's premises
and furnishings clean and as found.
- Contacts customers after service is performed to ensure
customer satisfaction and to develop additional prospects.
- Reports unusual requests from customers or questions not
immediately answerable to direct supervisor.
- Maintains prospect files, call-back files and activity
- Maintains equipment, vehicle and personal safety equipment in
clean, working order.
- Examines architectural drawings and specifications; prepares
estimates for soil pre- treatment bids.
- Completes appropriate training courses as assigned.
- Aware of location and telephone number of local poison control
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of college and
- 2 years related experience and/or training in sales and dealing
with the public; or equivalent combination of training and
experience preferred Maintains knowledge of pests and chemicals
used in treatment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Skill in creating sales leads and cross-selling company
products and services
- Maintains appearance of uniform as directed by company
- Maintains relevant licenses as required by federal, state or
local regulations for termite/pest control and any other business
unit products and services
- Maintains a valid driver's licensePhysical Demands and Working
ConditionsThe physical demands are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Incumbent must be prepared to:* Move up to 10 pounds
occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise
repositioning objects. * Sitting for long periods of time while
using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.*
Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands
and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal
working environment.* Express or exchange ideas with others through
the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily
audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral
communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or
make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the
environment.Incumbent is required to have: * Close visual acuity to
perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes,
as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's
reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and
analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive
reading.Incumbent will be subject to:* Inside working conditions:
The change of building environment such as with or without air
conditioning and heating.Why Choose Rentokil ?
Read on to fully understand what this job requires in terms of
skills and experience If you are a good match, make an
A career with Rentokil can be a professional trajectory filled with
opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world-class team that
rewards high performance, and we love to promote from within. We
offer competitive pay and many of our roles offer performance
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil has to
offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and
Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits after they meet
Click here to read more about our Total Rewards Program which
Professional and Personal Growth
- Multiple avenues to grow your career
- Rentokil is a Drug Free workplace
- Training and development programs available
- Tuition Reimbursement benefits (for FT Colleagues)
Health and Wellness
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability,
and Life Insurance plus much more
- Full-time colleagues are eligible to begin enrollment
immediately upon hire with benefits starting on day 1
Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching contributions
- Vacation days & sick days
- Company-paid holidays & floating holidays
- A company mindset that prioritizes health, safety, and
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where
our customers live and work. Is that you?
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal
Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with
California residents click here to review your privacy rights.
By applying to this position, you consent to receive an initial
text message to collect your communication preferences. Message and
data rates may apply. You can opt-out any
Keywords: Terminix, Toms River , Outside Sales Professional, Sales , Ocean Gate, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!